Mr. Karan Agarwal completed his 5-year B.B.A., L.L.B (Bachelor of Business Administration Legum Baccalaureus) course from Symbiosis International University in the year 2017. Mr. Karan Agarwal is a practicing advocate specializing in the field of IPR and corporate laws. He is presently practicing in United IPR, New Delhi which is a reputed IP Boutique Law Firm. Mr. Karan have had training in diverse matters in various Corporate and IP Law firms including Singhania and Partners LLP, Juris Corp, Scriboard Advocates and Consultants, Zeus Law Associates, United IPR, etc.
In the field of law, Mr. Karan has worked closely on Intellectual property laws including trademark prosecution and litigation, IPR Enforcement, copyright law, design law and patent laws. Beside that he has also worked on other aspects of law such as corporate laws, arbitration laws, constitutional laws and consumer protection laws.
Besides his legal education, Mr. Karan actively participated in almost a dozen of both national and international conferences across India. He has 3 prestigious publications in national and international journals and books on various legal issues of importance. He has successfully completed WIPO courses on IPR laws in India. Mr. Karan has been an ardent writer and writes on various pressing issues of IP on the firm’s website and other websites such as Mondaq.”
PUBLICATION/RESEARCH PAPER PRESENTATION
- A research work on the topic “Copyright and Orphan Work: Protection under Indian Law and Fair Use” has been published in an online journal INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ADVANCE CONTEMPORARY RESEARCH with ISSN No. 2394-9503 in June, 2016.
- A research paper on the topic “Role of Judiciary in Sustainable Development” has been published in the book "RESEARCH AND SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS" by “DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES , IIT ROORKEE" with ISBN: 978-93-83842-19-3 in March, 2014.
- A research paper on the topic “Gender Inequality in Education” published in the book “Women in the 21st Century: Working towards Empowerment” with ISBN No. 978-93-84298-19-7 in February, 2015.
- Presented a research paper on the topic “Media’s voice for Consumer Protection Act” in a Seminar conducted by NUSRL, Ranchi in August, 2013.
- Presented a research paper on the topic “Interpretation of International Law of Religion” in an International Interfaith Conference, Lucknow in September, 2013.
- Presented a research paper on the topic “Changing Trend in Live-in Relationship: Cohabitation Agreement” in 37th National Criminology Conference convened by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala in March, 2014.
- Presented a research paper on the topic, “National Investigation Agency Act, 2008: Contradiction with Constitution and Human Right Regulations” in a National conference convened by Christ University, Bangalore in January, 2015.
- Presenting a research paper titled “Affirmative Action Chaos: Lessons from round the world” in a National conference on Affirmative Action convened by Christ University, Bangalore in January, 2016.
- Conducted 20 workshops as a lecturer on Legal Awareness to Women, educating more than a 1000 women beneficiaries spread all over NCR.
- Speaker at an IPR Training Workshop for the Bangalore Customs so to train the Customs on Brand identification and IPR Laws in September, 2017.