Ms. Batra joined NLUO, Cuttack as Assistant Professor in January, 2017. Prior to joining NLUO Ms Batra has worked as Assistant Professor at Law Centre-2, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi (July 2015-January 2017) and there before at University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh (August 2014- July 2015). She has participated and won numerous national moots, debate and paper presentation competitions. Her essay won Second Prize in ‘South Asian Essay Writing Competition on International Humanitarian Law’- ENSAYO 2011. Her articles have been published in newspapers, legal magazines besides law journals. She was also the recipient of Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students-2008.
Research Interests: Intersection of Health Rights and IPR; Ethics in Business Law, Corporate Liability and Human Rights.
- Module No. 33 on “Legal Standing of Forensic Science” (Paper 1- General Forensic Science), e-Pathshala Project by UGC under the NMEICT mission of MHRD, Government of India.
- “Celebrities and Endorsements: Due Diligence Needed”, The Tribune dated 17 June, 2015 (Page No. 9, Vol. 135 No. 166).
- “Excuse me! I am an NRI Landlord so kindly vacate my property” published in “Shreeram’s The Law” by Shree Ram Law House, Chandigarh, India; ISSN: 2319-3735 (Volume: I, Issue V, January 2013).
- ‘Judicial Accountability and Right to Information’ published in Souvenir on National Seminar on New Dimensions of Law: Growth and relevance, by University Institute of Laws, Ludhiana (Page 160-172).
Invited/Special Lectures Delivered:
- Resource Person and Trainer for “Gender Sensitisation Program for Women Employees” of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (Paradip Refinery) (28th March, 2017).
- Invited by Indo-Tibetan Border Force (ITBP) to deliver lectures as part of ‘One day training programme on Human Rights for police personnel’ at Basic Training Centre (BTC) of ITBP at Bhanu (Haryana) on 19 and 20 March, 2015.
- Speaker at ‘Round Table Conference on International Humanitarian Law’, organized by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). (26 August 2011)